The admission procedure for the Academic Session 2020-21 will be conducted as per the fulfillment of conditions laid down in the Calcutta University Notification No CSR/03/18 dated 07.05.2018 for B.A/B.Sc. /B.Mus. (Honours/General), CSR/4/18 dt 07.05.2018 for B.A/B.Sc. /B.Com. (Major), CSR/26/2017 dated 26.05.2017, CSR/64/2017 dt. 14/09/201and CSR/10/18 dt. 30/05/2018 for B.Com (Honours/General). The courses shall follow new Admission and Examination Regulations for semester wise three year (six semesters) for the abovementioned courses. The odd semester will start ordinarily in the month of July and the even semester in the month of January every year. Following are the criteria of eligibility for admission in different courses:
- For B.A., B.Sc., B.Com (Hons, Gen) courses: Candidates who passed 10+2 examination or any equivalent examination in 2015 and onwards are eligible to seek admission in aforementioned courses provided she/he has also passed in English having full marks not less than100.
- For the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to the B.A. /B.Sc. (Honours/General)Courses, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top-four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. Marks in compulsory Environmental Education/Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. However, if the subject “Environmental Science” is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
- Candidates who have passed from Open Schooling or any such recognized board shall be allowed to apply for admission within seven working days from the date of publication of result. The whole process has to be completed within the prescribed last date of submitting registration forms, subject to availability of seats.
- For admission in B.Com (Hons) course the candidate must have obtained –a) A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in any of the commerce or commerce related subject or b) A minimumof55%marksinanyofthecommerceorcommercerelatedsubject.
- Following subjects be treated as related subjects for admission to B.Com. Honours courses: Accountancy, Business Economics including Business Mathematics, Business Organization, Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Studies, Office and Secretarial Practice, Financial Accounting, Elements of Cost Accountancy & Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accountancy & Principle of Management, Commercial Law and preliminaries of Auditing, Costing and Taxation.
- A candidate shall be allowed to take up B.Com. (General) Course if he/she had passed the subject(s) at the previous qualifying examination as mentioned below: Accountancy/ Business Economics including Business Mathematics/ Business Organization/ Mathematics/ Economics/ Statistics/ Commerce/ Accounts/ Business Studies/ Financial Accounting/ Office and Secretarial Practice/ Elements of Cost Accountancy and Auditing/ Book Keeping/ Business Mathematics/ Cost Accountancy & Principle of Management, , Commercial Law and preliminaries of Auditing, Costing and Taxation.
- As per university norms for admission in B.A., B.Sc. Honours course the candidate must have obtained in the pre-qualifying examination a) a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate with minimum 45% marks in the subject in which Honours is sought or b) A minimum 55% marks in the subjects in which Honours is sought or c) A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate takes up Honours in a subject not included in her/his previous qualifying examination, provided all other clauses are satisfied.
- For admission in B.A., B.Sc.(General) courses the candidate must have passed the10+2 examination conducted by West Bengal Council of Higher Education or any equivalent examination with English as one main subject of not less than 100 marks.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe communities taking up Honours must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or 40% marks in the subject / related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
- Seats are reserved for SC. ST, OBC A, OBC B, PH candidates as per Govt. rules.